COVID-19 MEMBER SAFETY
The health and safety of our members and guests is our number one concern. Help us reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and other diseases by following these important safety measures.
- Self-screening is required before entering Derby United’s outdoor recreational facility. Participants who are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home. All participants and parents agree to monitor their own health on a daily basis. If experiencing any of these symptoms, a participant may not attend practices or sessions at the facility and is encouraged to get a COVID-19 test before returning: Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting and Diarrhea.
- Participants shall be temperature and/or symptom screened upon arrival and asked to use hand sanitizer, wear face coverings and maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet from individuals not in your household to the greatest extent possible.
- Face coverings must be worn at the facility at all times including during workout and practice sessions, except in designated personal areas for hydration and ventilation breaks. Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth. Participants should put on their mask when exiting their vehicle in the parking lot or upon entering the gates on foot.
- Participants should sanitize or thoroughly wash hands upon arrival to the facility, after touching their face covering, after using the restroom, and after finishing a practice session before leaving the facility.
- Six feet of physical distance must be kept, including while skating. Use marked visual space where available throughout the facility. Avoid shaking hands, hugging, bumping fists or elbows, and other physical contact.
- Per state public health recommendations, fitness facilities shall require online reservations. No on-site walk ups or drop-ins will be permitted without a Zen Planner registration. Classes and private sessions may be booked at www.derbyunited.com/schedule
- Non-participant guests are not allowed at the facility at this time. Youth participants may have a parent or guardian on site in a designated space away from the track and 6 feet from others. All others may wait in their vehicle in the parking lot or off-site. Accommodations for skaters requiring translators, single parents and other special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be arranged with GM or instructor in advance to identify any additional safety protocols that may need to be implemented.
- Participants agree to self report if any signs of COVID-19 arise within 14 days of participation in programs at Derby United. Participants agree to aid in contact tracing including through use of Zen Planner class registrations.
- Please observe the use of marked one-way travel routes through the facility to minimize exposure, particularly in the restroom and locker room areas.
- Group classes have been limited in class size to ensure a minimum of six feet of physical distance between patrons. Classes and Practice Session have been structured to allow for distancing requirements to be maintained and there may be no person-to-person physical contact of any kind while participating in classes and programs.
- The restrooms are available for participant use. Please maintain distance, even in the restroom. If capacity is reached or distance may not be maintained, please wait outside. No other indoor spaces within the facility may be utilized by non-staff members, including the main office, storage areas and utility closets.
- Participants violating any of these safety protocols will be given one warning. Upon their second warning, they may be asked to leave for the day. No refunds will be given.
- As the conditions of the pandemic continue to change, so shall our safety guidelines. Safety guidelines are subject to change. Participants shall check all posted signs each time they enter the facility.