With classes to meet the needs of a diverse range of roller skaters, find the one that is right for you. For all levels, safety gear is strongly recommended, especially knee pads, wrist guards and helmet. Rentals are available at no charge. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not able to lend out protective gear at this time.
Learn/Return to Skate – Beginner
You have always wanted to roller skate, why not NOW?!
Pick up (or rent) a pair of quad skates and try something new! If you are revisiting roller skating after a long hiatus, this class will get you rolling once again! This session will focus on safe skating skills to get you moving around the rink or grooving down the boardwalk!
What you can expect:
– Correct standing form so that you can move both forward and backward with confidence
– Safe form for falling and alleviating fears for when this happens
– Different strategies of stopping
– Tips for increasing speed so you can zoom
– Learning how to turn around safely
– Spinning and jumping techniques so you can show off, when you’re ready
– Most importantly, skating with rhythm to get maximum enjoyment from this awesome sport!
We highly recommend wrist guards as well as knee and elbow pads to keep you safe while you learn. Many skaters also start learning with a helmet on.
What are you waiting for?! Grab a water bottle and come crush COVID boredom with a groovy new hobby!
Skate Skills Volume 2 – Beginner
You know how to skate around the rink and you are ready for more. Backwards, transitions, more ways to stop, turn and flow are all on the menu at Beginner Skate Skills Volume 2. If you have taken Learn/Return to Skate a few times or just feel like you are ready for more but still in a beginner setting, this class is for you!
Dance Skating – Beginner
Got your basic roll down but want to add more rhythm and flair? At this session, we’ll work on a variety of foundation dance steps and sequences – both on the move and “in place.” Practice grooving to music and gain confidence on your wheels through dance skating. Effortless dancing takes a lot of practice, and this is the perfect place to start!
Being comfortable with basic forward skating is highly recommended.
Skills that may be covered in this session:
- Foundation skills to build up to our intermediate dance class
- Beginner dance sequences “on the move,” like stepping, crossovers, crossunders, edgework
- Backwards skating skills and stability, intro to steps like “the strut walk” and moonwalk
- In-place footwork and sequences: learn to “control your roll!”
- Developing rhythm and timing: solo and with a group
Dance Skating – Intermediate
- Learn to skate on toes and heels
- Basics and variations of dances: downtown, zero, hez, diamond, crazy legs, grapevine, crab walk
- Turns and pivots
Lil Rollers – Beginner Age 4-10
This class is an introduction to roller skating for children age 4-10. Your kids will love to limbo, hokie pokie, bubbles and as well as skate instruction for this
one-hour instructed on-skates class. Especially tailored for our young rollers, new skaters will play the hour away without even noticing they are learning the fundamentals of roller skating. Quad skate rentals are included at no additional cost.
Lil Rollers is followed by 30 minutes of open skate so these young skaters can have fun and practice what they’ve learned. Parents/guardians may join their kiddos for this Open Session at no charge.
Skate FUNdamentals – Beginner
Have you always wanted to roller skate with your friends and family but never had the time? Get ready to lace up for some all-ages fun! This class is open to all skaters beginner to intermediate. Skaters of all ages will learn the fundamentals of skating while increasing their skills and confidence. With games and fun mixed in, this class is a crowd pleaser with skaters of all ages, especially catering to families who want to learn together.
Skate the Bank – Beginner
Ever wanted to try the banked track? Now is your chance! Join an experienced instructor for skating and fun on the banked track. Learn to skate fast, use the ramped angle and have fun with the wind in your face.
This is a class tailored for newer skaters though participants must be able to comfortably skate forward on a flat surface to take this class.
Participants *must* wear protective gear including helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards. Protective gear is mandatory for banked track classes.
Find out more about each instructor here.
See the current course schedule here.