We’re hiring qualified candidates!
Seeking new people to join our staff here at Derby United. Love skating? Enjoy making people feel welcome? Can work nights and weekends? This could be a perfect fit for you!
Here are the skills that make a candidate a good fit:
- Comfortable working with the public in person. It is our goal to make every guest feel welcome from the moment they enter our facility. Staff engagement with our visitors is how we do that.
- Handle telephone inquiries. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably on the phone.
- Comfortable on a computer and able to quickly learn our registration software that is used daily for registration and check in. Must be able to teach guests, in-person and on the phone, how to interact with our registration software.
- Knowledge of how roller skates are assembled. Must be able to help service our rentals as well as our guests skates.
- Must be able to roller skate well and be on skates for 2-4 hours of floor guard position as needed. Any weekend shifts may include long floor guard positions.
- Comfortable with large groups of children.
- Knowledge of basic first aid to recognize the severity of injuries
- Facility maintenance duties including cleaning restrooms and empty trash cans
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. Heavy lifting during the facility opening and closing is a regular part of daily duties.
- Must be able to learn audio and light production including sound system, speakers, lights and more.
Seeking a candidate who is available part time (20hrs currently available, $18/hr).
Current available shifts:
Your weekly schedule is subject to change based on facility schedule and staffing
Seek to inquiry? Position available immediately.